You get DCI-P3 color, MEMC support, and consistently even coloring throughout, translating into captivating picture quality. Unlike other options in the market, the Black Shark 4 Pro has physical triggers instead of touch ones.
- Once you’re in there, you’ll find the Game Lobby, Game Configuration, and the Setting Center.
- It was the kind of thing I got used to, but I could easily see it getting annoying over time.
- There are a few different modes to choose from including a hi-res 48MP mode, Night Mode, and even Pro Mode.
- Adding to its powerful chipset is the 6GB, 8GB to 12GB LPDDR5 (2750 Mhz) RAM along with 128GB to 256GB UFS 3.1 ROM.
- That’s not what’s exciting here but the feature that deserves praise for Xiaomi is the refresh rate.
Black Shark needs to up the ante if it wants to take down either contender. You’re a dedicated gamer
With the trigger buttons, and the gaming tweaks to Android, and the big and bright screen, this is very much a device designed for people who play a lot of games on their phones. If you’re going to put out a gaming phone, then you have to make sure it scores high in terms of performance. I don’t necessarily think fast refresh rate screens are a gimmick for phones, as they still have their advantages for certain games, apps, and the overall navigation of the phone.
- Once you do find it, you’ll realize that your efforts were in vain.
- Perhaps it’s just the cooling system influencing the weight distribution.
- It’s helpful that Xiaomi includes a tutorial for using the software, even if it’s all but required due to the added complexity of having so many features.
- However, as soon as you switch to 2x zoom (digital), the loss of quality is very noticeable.
The Black Shark 4 Pro supports 120W Hyper Charge, with the large-capacity 4500mAh dual-cell batteries, which offers the industry-leading charging experience. In just minutes, the 120W Hypercharging provides long-lasting power even after a long session of performance-intensive gaming. The Black Shark 4 Pro has almost the highest charging efficiency in a smartphone, according to data from Black Shark Lab. It takes only 5 minutes to charge to 50%, and less than 15 mins to be fully charged. The 120W charger comes in the box with a 6A Type-C fast charging cable, which is also compatible with other Apple and Android devices that support fast charging protocol.
The less we say about the 5Mp macro lens the better, partly because it took us so long to find the mode in the stock ROM Camera app that it feels purposefully hidden by Black Shark. It performs about as well as most macro lenses on the market, and that’s to say it doesn’t work very well.
The portrait mode, once again, softens the image a bit too much for my liking. I would have preferred a toned-down result and I wish they had included an option to lessen the effect of the bokeh. I don’t entirely feel comfortable with that level of heat while charging an electronic device, it frightens me. Not only is that risky for the battery’s longevity, but it can also pose a threat to you and your home. Shark Space 4.0 allows you to tweak every single aspect of the phone to suit your gaming needs.